Friday, December 12, 2008

All Around the Neighborhood

One way to shine the light is by getting involved in the community. After all, we’re supposed to “shine it all around the neighborhood.” In my home town of Alliance is a large brick building located on 715 S. Arch Street. This building has played many roles for our community, it’s first from what I’ve heard was a church. And though it has served other functions, a local congregation, Tabernacle Baptist, now calls it home, and offers it as a community center for spreading the light and providing for people’s needs. In fact, once a month Tabernacle offers a free breakfast to all in the community, demonstrating its desire to help people with both physical and spiritual needs. Tabernacle has also allowed me and my friend John to coordinate a Kid’s Church there which we call Kingdom Kids and hold every Saturday Morning at 9:30 – 11:00 for ages 6-14. We had our first event just one week ago and I look forward to our second event to be held later this morning. The help we have there is wonderful and I Thank Tabernacle Baptist for allowing me and others a place to help shine the light to the kids of the community.

No comments: