Thursday, January 29, 2009

Encouraging Email

I got a very nice email from a reader that I'd like to share:

Hello Peter Dudek,

It feels like a strange privilage to write to the creator of such a awe-inspiring epic tale. Usually I can never communicate with the great minds that have authored my favorite books, because they have all died. (I hope there is not correlation here!)


During our Florida Keys fishing vacation, my mom read the book to my dad, older brother, and I. I loved the setting you created--it was living, breathing, and easy to visualize. The names of all the creatures in this world rang with the appropriate tone. As we neared the middle of the book, I began to understand more in depth the soul-stirring parallels that this book has to our own spiritual journeys. I was encouraged to seek Christ when all seems dim. As the illumina, God is near and readily spoken to. He is powerful and thus, so is prayer. He also rules over the forces of evil and powers of darkness. I love the way you encompassed both the seen and unseen world with both the shadows and the Drilockk, and how the shadows had great influence over people who turned to the evil one. This book had high intensity and kept us reading hour after hour. Please, please keep writing! You left your characters in dire circumstances!


I have been telling people about this marvelous book, and others will too, so that you won't have to spend as much time advertising but instead invest your time into writing. In hopes of doing this, I wanted to make you aware of an organization called Homeschoolalumni.org. You might consider joining this site and encouraging its users to read your book. Emily Cianciola works for this site, and sometimes she writes a spotlight on particular members. She interviewed my brother, Samson, recently because he was a National teem aspirant (he made it, by the way). I am sure that she would be very interested in interviewing you, if you become a member.

Thanks for using your talents for Christ.

Blessings,
Marissa

4 comments:

Brandon Barr said...

wow, very cool email.

Mike Lynch said...

Peter,

It's funny that the work we do on our computer, the toiling and fleshing out the story over a period of months, suddenly is out there for the whole world to see. When we touch people's lives, it makes all the work and hardship worth it.

Mike

BeckeyZ said...

I got your book in the mail today (God bless Amazon.com). I'm very excited to start reading it at bedtime to the kiddos.

Bruce Judisch said...

Peter,

Just read through your thread on ChristianWriters.com. A belated congrats on the book signing. The most I ever moved was 20, and I was ecstatic!

I'm originally from North Canton, but now live in San Antonio, TX. I have a historical fictional series coming out through OakTara Publishing. It was great to see someone from my old stomping ground do well (I have relatives in Alliance and Louisville)!

I review Christian fiction on my blog (www.brucejudisch.blogspot.com) while waiting for more news on my publishing schedule. I also have a Web site at www.brucejudisch.com. It would be great to exchange notes/experiences with you.

Again, congrats!

Cheers! Bruce